crash with stereo option

Hi Samuel,

2008/5/22 Samuel Vinson <samuelv at laposte.net>:
> Hi,
>
> I made several test with pjsua (on iphone) and clock-rate, stereo options.
>

> PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_IMP == PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_NONE
> PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_IMP == PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_LIBRESAMPLE
> --stereo     |   def  | undef
> --clock-rate |
>     8000     | ko (2) | ok (1)
>     16000    | ok (1) | ok (1)
>     22050    | ok (1) | ok (1)
>     44100    | ok (1) | ok (1)
>
> (1) but mediaserverd uses cpu at 80-95%

Not sure what's going on here, since this happens regardless channel
number and clock rate used, it seems to be platform specific problem.

> (2) there are no sound that comes micro, mediaserverd uses cpu at 10%,
> but crash/reboot when you quit pjsua (start, quit => crash)

While opening stereo in other clock rates seems to be fine, it is
still too dark, at least for me. I have simply tried to reproduce
(stereo on 8kHz) on my XP SP2 for both resample implementations you
mentioned above, but all of them seem to be fine in my machine.

> PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_IMP == PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_SPEEX
> impossible to compile because resample_speex.c is never include in Makefile
>
> PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_IMP == PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_LIBSAMPLERATE
> impossible to compile because libresamplerate doesn't exist in third
> party directory.
>

> Why do you keep PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_SPEEX and PJMEDIA_RESAMPLE_LIBSAMPLERATE ?

As the wrappers (resample_speex.c & resample_libresamplerate.c) are
also kept, I think Benny is trying to avoid removing 'choices' for the
users or for the future.

> I'd like to use clock-rate=8000 and stereo, which test I can do to
> understand why there is no sound and there is crash ?
>
> I use the last svn version.

If it is possible for you to generate log file or call stack trace of
debugger, it should help much.

Regards,
nanang