Impossible to register when you receive message 500

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Samuel Vinson <samuelv at laposte.net> wrote:
> Benny Prijono a ?crit :
>
> > On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 1:30 AM, Samuel Vinson <samuelv at laposte.net> wrote:
>  >> [...]
>

>  > Normally this scenario should work okay, the registrar should treat
>  > this as normal multiple registrations (that is, the same AOR is
>  > registered by more than one user agents), delete the binding of the
>  > old call-id and add new binding for the new call-id. Unless of course
>  > if the registrar doesn't support multiple registrations.
>
>  I think the registrar doesn't support multiple registration with the
>  same account.

Okay that explains it.

>  Why doesn't pjsip retry register after delay ?

Because the existing method is the simplest from programming point of
view, and I thought all registrars should support multiple
registrations. Using timer delay is more complicated, and it may not
work in all cases. The most reliable way perhaps is to send the new
registration only after the unregistration transaction has completed.

Actually I was thinking to use registration update, that is using the
same call-id we send another REGISTER request containing two Contact
headers: the old contact which is to be removed by adding expires=0
param, and a new contact. This is standard of course, but I'm not sure
it'll work with all registrars. Seems that the "wait for
unregistration to complete" approach is the safest way.

>  Should I retry in my application to re-register ?

I don't think you can. Your callback will not even get called.

>  > What server is this?
>
>   From SIP message incoming :
>  Server: Cirpack/v4.41c (gw_sip)
>
>  This is my sip provider