choosing an IP address -regarding

Hi,

I think probably you have been going on the wrong route there. In both
SIP and media transports, there are two IP address settings:
  - IP address used as the transport name (to be published in SIP
messages or SDP)
  - the bound IP address

You have been addressing the former setting, while I think the
appropriate one is the later. If you change the bound IP address, then
the transport name will automatically use that address. No need to
change source code at all. While if you only change the former (that's
what you did), then the transport will still be bound to INADDR_ANY,
so the OS will chose whatever interface it sees appropriate to send
the packet.

Cheers
 Benny