crash/freeze/dormancy after PJ_ERESOLVE

On 3/20/08, Anshuman S. Rawat <arawat at 3clogic.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  We use our client for outbound calls only (i.e. dont register that line).
>  Before making calls our connection to outside world dissappeared for a while
>  which resulted in pjsip crashing/freezing/dormant (as in no high CPU usage

Crash is different than freezing, so I would appreciate if you choose
the term carefully as I'm allergic to the word "crash". :)

>  but no response either). To reproduce the problem I used a dummy SP
>  (fwd.abcdefg.com). The behaviour is consistent and usually happens after a
>  few calls.

[snip]

>  18:51:03.078 pjsua_call.c Timed-out trying to acquire PJSUA mutex (possibly
>  system has deadlocked) in pjsua_call_get_info()
>  18:51:03.218 pjsua_call.c Timed-out trying to acquire PJSUA mutex (possibly
>  system has deadlocked) in pjsua_call_get_info()
>  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>  Here it shows a deadlock but other times it has frozen or just died.
>
>  I tried to find if something similar had been reported (as we are on rev
>  1538) but the only thing close to our issue is ticket 458. From the

I think ticket #458 is different, as it applies to Windows Mobile. And
anyway it's been fixed. What you have there is a soft deadlock, which
is explained in the FAQ.

>  description, I am not sure if that is our problem as we do have a valid
>  IP/network connection but no connection to outside world/fake SP name which
>  can't be resolved.
>
>  Want to know if we did something or it's a real bug. Any help will be
>  welcome.

I use pjsua to call to a non-existent domain and it didn't freeze. If
you can reproduce it with pjsua, it will be easier for me to track it
down.

Cheers,
 -benny