notify cannot be send to the correct address

On 3/17/08, ??? <liangjiuqin at sict.ac.cn> wrote:

> Hi,
>     I have a problem about SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY.
>     I use enhanced presence status text  such as "working",My server is in
> the public network,and my clients are in the private network.When I received
> another client's subscribe,my notify message can be send correctly without
> enhanced presence status text .But when my status(changed,I have to notify
> the others,the problem occurs.The Request-Line of the notify message uses
> private IP adress ,and so server cannot transmit it to the correct address.
>     In brief,when I receive a subscription,my notify message can be received
> by my buddy without enhanced presence status text ,and when I change my
> status and notify the others,my notify message use the private IP address of
> my buddy.

You should use STUN for communicating across Internet, so that the
Contact address advertised in SUBSCRIBE does not use the private IP
address. Also you should configure your server to record route
SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY sessions (if that's possible) so that the NOTIFY is
sent via the proxy and not directly to the buddy, otherwise the NOTIFY
will be dropped by the buddy's NAT router if it is address dependent
filtering NAT (most NATs are, I think).

cheers,
 -benny