Audio issue, related with VAD, since rev.2020

I'm back with the results !

I build a small project, based on simple_pjsua, to send wav Files
automatically, each 30 seconds ... checked in several situations (local
tests, external providers, two different platforms) and ... the problem was
not coming from pjsua at all !

In fact, during my previous tests, pjsua was calling a client based on
opensipstack
(OSSPhone).
I assume OSSphone wasn't confortable with blanks during RTP transmission
(caused by VAD), since with other clients, it worked fine ...

So, I'm glad to know that the problem is not coming neither from my
application, neither from pjsip itself.

Thanks you again Nanang for your answer, and sorry for the first message.

Best Regards,

Electrocut

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Tanguy Floc'h <electrocut at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Thank you very much for your time. I tried to reproduce the problem
> directly from pjsua, using 'cc' & 'cd', as you have already done :
>
> - with pjsua and 'cc' & 'cd' commands, the problem never occurs
> - with my application, the problem always occurs (is reproducable), if I
> wait at least 30 seconds, between each playback
>
> I think the only difference between my application and pjsua, is that in my
> application, wav player and its port are created and destoyed each time.
>
> I will code a very sample test and durty application, from simple_pjsua, it
> will be easier to analyse the problem from a simple project. My CPU usage
> remains very low, during the playback, but I don't ignore this idea. I will
> try this on two differents computer, one XP and one Linux.
>
> I will also try to confirm which new feature of rev.2020 is related to this
> problem.
>
> I will be back after theses few tests.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Electrocut
>

> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Nanang Izzuddin <nanang at pjsip.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tanguy,
>>
>> The regular talksprut-silence switchings in the log is normal since it
>> happens only when silence, it was stream sending zero-audio frame on silence
>> to keep NAT alive, and this is not shown in r2019 since this modification in
>> r2020: "re-enable periodic RTP TX which was disabled by #439<https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/439>
>> ".
>>
>> Another related update in r2020 is changing
>> PJMEDIA_CODEC_MAX_SILENCE_PERIOD from one second (for 8khz codecs like G711)
>> to 500ms, and I don't think this causing the problem, it is just make the
>> keep alive RTP more frequent.
>>
>> I tried to reproduce this with pjsua by repeatedly issuing 'cc' & 'cd'
>> command for stream port & file player port, with some delay as you mentioned
>> (30 - 60 secs), but I couldn't see any problem.
>>
>> Since the VAD's threshold seems to be safe (not changing a lot, and the
>> latest value is 2, low enough), so for now, the suspect may be CPU load
>> spike that disturbs the sound callbacks (e.g: loading file from hardisk),
>> not sure though.
>>
>> So please confirm that the problem always happens with such fixed scenario
>> (reproducable), or 'just' sometime? If it is, how many times step 3-5 should
>> be repeated before play nothing for 30-60 secs?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> nanang
>>

>> 2008/6/24 Tanguy Floc'h <electrocut at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi !
>>>
>>> I face with some audio problems, when playing wav files from my program,
>>> since rev.2020.
>>> During the tests, I'm doing this :
>>> 1- Make an outbound  call
>>> 2- Connect to null-sandport, when media is OK