happens only when silence, it was stream sending zero-audio frame on silence
to keep NAT alive, and this is not shown in r2019 since this modification in
r2020: "re-enable periodic RTP TX which was disabled by
#439<https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/439>
".

Another related update in r2020 is changing PJMEDIA_CODEC_MAX_SILENCE_PERIOD
from one second (for 8khz codecs like G711) to 500ms, and I don't think this
causing the problem, it is just make the keep alive RTP more frequent.

I tried to reproduce this with pjsua by repeatedly issuing 'cc' & 'cd'
command for stream port & file player port, with some delay as you mentioned
(30 - 60 secs), but I couldn't see any problem.

Since the VAD's threshold seems to be safe (not changing a lot, and the
latest value is 2, low enough), so for now, the suspect may be CPU load
spike that disturbs the sound callbacks (e.g: loading file from hardisk),
not sure though.

So please confirm that the problem always happens with such fixed scenario
(reproducable), or 'just' sometime? If it is, how many times step 3-5 should
be repeated before play nothing for 30-60 secs?

Thanks,
nanang