Manually specifying outbound proxy without adding a "Route" header

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Klaus Darilion
<klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:
> Ruud Klaver wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Looking at the PJSUA-LIB and PJSIP sources it seems that adding a
>> Route header is the preferred way of manually specifying and outbound
>> proxy. Since some SIP proxies may not like having a Route header set
>> on a new transaction, I was wondering if there is any other way to
>> specify this, e.g. on a REGISTER. Looking at the source, the only way
>> I can think of doing this implementing my own resolver, but I really
>> don't want to do that...
>
> IMO a config option which allows to omit the Route header of the first
> outbound proxy would be useful.

Yeah that will be useful, but we don't support that for now, and
adding this would be quite major since it was not supported by the
original design.

Ruud, can you explain again exactly what kind of behavior that the
proxy doesn't like about Route header?

>> Also, there is some code removing the first route header in an
>> outgoing packet in case of loose routing, but it's commented out
>> (pjsip_process_route_set in sip_util.c). What is the deal with it?

Incidently some proxies don't like it if we send request to it without
having the appropriate Route header identifying that proxy. I can't
remember what proxy though.

Cheers
 Benny