sip_reg.c: regc->current_op in tsx_callback

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Ruud Klaver <ruud at ag-projects.com> wrote:
>> Frankly I'm not sure if that scenario is supposed to be supported (I
>> mean resending REGISTER request using the same regc session when
>> callback is called with failure). Normally what I do is to destroy the
>> regc and create a new one, so I'm not sure that after we fix
>> regc->current_op nothing else will fail.
>>
> You've got a point there, maybe it's not logical to try to re-register
> with the same regc object when you know it has failed.
>
> However it seems re-registering is quite possible when the
> authentication fails. When it gets some other 4xx response, it gets

Yes 401 and 407 is handled differently.

> stuck in that inconsistent state and crashes because of the assertion
> failure. This sounds wrong to me, in the end there is no harm in
> allowing re-registration.

But it only gets stuck if you're trying to re-register after the 4xx,
and this is not supported in the first place, right? So if you modify
the application so that it doesn't re-register using the same session
after the 4xx, it should be alright. Or am I missing something here?

Cheers
 Benny