(1) PJSUA: Problems to talk with a PocketPC, (2) NAT issue

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Paul Chen <pocketpc_1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Benny,
>
> Attached are the log files a1_1.log and a1_2.log for the cases 1 and 2 in my
> previous email.
>
> I run the pjsua on a PC with Window XP. The softphone is run on a PocketPC
> with Window Mobile 6. I use a wireless router of LinkSys WRT54GLa to handle
> the network traffic. The PocketPC talks with the network using 800.11g. The
> phone calls are SIP direct call without a proxy server. To run pjsua, there
> is no other argument except "--log-file=a1.log --log-level=6".
>
> The IP address of PC and PocketPC are Ip1 and  Ip2 respectively.
>
> 1. PocketPC calls pjsua
>
> Issue calls from the softphone to "sip:3000 at Ip1". To answer the call on
> pjsua, just type command "a" and then "222". I can hear sounds from the
> PocketPC side but not the pjsua side. Using command "dq", I found that very
> small number of RTP packets reach at the pjsua.

I think the problem here is because the PC is multihomed (has more
than one interfaces/NICs), and pjsip selects the interface which
doesn't seem to be reachable from the PDA. If you see the 222 response
sent by pjsua, both the Contact header and the SDP contains Ip3. So
because of this, ACK from PDA does not reach the PC, causing timeout
in the PC (and call gets disconnected after 32 seconds), and similarly
RTP packets from PDA will not reach the PC either.

Until we have more clever IP address selection, what you can do for
now is to disable the offending interface, or change some settings
(I'm not sure where) so that the hostname of the PC will resolve to
the correct IP.

> 2. pjsua calls PocketPC
>
> Issue calls using command "m" on pjsua, then with "sip:3001 at Ip2". I can not
> hear sounds on both sides, although they are connected.

This would be similar problem to above, and in addition to that, it
seems that the PDA also gives bad IP address in it's SDP, so pjsua
sends RTP packets to the wrong address. This is what causing the
WSAECONNRESET messages.

Cheers
 Benny