PJSUA - unable to initialize pjmedia audo devices

Hi,

I've used pjsip version 0.8 to create our own softphone using Visual C++
MFC.  My program works properly on Windows XP and 2000 but when I try to run
it on Windows Vista, the softphone just keeps on registering.  When I
checked the logs, the pjsua seems can't initialize the default audio device.
After checking the device manager, I found out that there is no audio
device.

When my program calls this function:

            static pjmedia_snd_dev_info devices[30];

            unsigned int devCount = 30, intPtr = 0;

            pj_status_t status;

            status = pjsua_enum_snd_devs(devices,&devCount);

my program crashes.  My question will be, how do I check wether a built-in
default audio device is present or not on a particular machine?  So that
when I call the function above, I'm assured that an audio device exists.

Thanks in advance.  By the way, I'm new to this.  I'm apologizing in advance
if my question seems dumb to others.  Again thanks in advance.

Renino Niefes

Symbio, Inc.

Manila: +632-687-6036 ext. 20211

            +63906-462-4193