multiple RTP streams received on multicast

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Klaus Darilion <
klaus.mailinglists at pernau.at> wrote:

> > If you want to create one stream for each participant, you'd need to
> > implement some sort of wrapper to the media transport, which will check
> > the SSRC in incoming RTP and distribute it to the appropriate stream
> > instance (or create the stream if it doesn't exist). This kind of
> > adapter is explained a bit in
> >
> http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/SRTP#pjmedia_transport_srtpImplementation
>
> So, the RTP packet is decoded twice?
>  1. In my adapter (between the UDP transport and the multiple streams)
> to get the SSRC and the corresponding stream
>  2. In the corresponding stream?

Yes. In pjmedia, "decoding" RTP is just to get the pointers to the payload
so it's not heavy at all. If you don't want this, you could just typecast
the packet to pjmedia_rtp_hdr to achieve the same thing, since we don't care
about the payload at this stage.

Btw don't forget that values in pjmedia_rtp_hdr are all in network byte
order.

 -benny