AGC and signal level

2008/7/23 Marcin 'Malcom' Malich <malcom at o2.pl>:

> Witam!
>
> Dnia 22 lipca 2008 (14:56:58), pjsip list napisa?(a):
>
> > Sorry for the late reply. And sorry I don't quite get what you mean, can
> you
> > explain more?
>
> I thought that it was typical AGC which would monitor the signal
> written to the conference bridge port and maintain stable level set by
> pjsua_conf_adjust_tx_level.

Ah, ok. No we don't do that now.

> Unfortunately, on various computers/sound devices voice is too quiet or too
> loud.
>
> > The AGC in conference.c is used to smoothen the mixing factors when we
> mix
> > the output from more than one sources to avoid non-aligned samples
> between
> > frames, and it's not AGC in a real sense. And more over this has been
> > deprecated since 0.9 as we have replaced the mixing algorithm with a new,
> > better one (http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/449).
>
> Do you plan to implement a typical AGC?

It will be nice, but probably not anytime soon. We've had this ticket in
Unassigned status for long time, but haven't had time to implement it yet:
http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/173

> How in simple manner can I connect an external soft which would act as
> AGC to pjmedia?

Speex has AGC preprocessor, so ideally we could implement this as a
pass-throgh pjmedia_port to do AGC (similar to how resample port let the
audio passes while changing the sampling rate). Then we can just plug this
media port anywhere we want AGC.

Cheers
 Benny