Installing the symbian_ua_urel application in a S60 product phone

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 8:22 AM, <Ivan.Arias-Rodriguez at nokia.com> wrote:

>        Hi all,
>
>        I compiled the whole stack and managed to run the example
> application in the S60 emulator. Then I managed to create the sis file out
> of it (a 315KB sis file including hopefully all the libraries).
>
>        However, when I tried to install it in a S60 product phone (a very
> new model, with the latest Symbian version), it says that I have some
> certificate problem. I tried to sign the application but I got the same
> problem.
>
>        Can it be installed in a common S60 product phone?

Yes, we've tested it on a plain 3rd ed, MR1, and FP1 phones. No S60 3.1 yet
though.

You mentioned that you managed to create a .sis file. Did you not follow the
tutorial in http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/DevelopingSymbianAppWithCarbide?
That should produce a self-signed .sisx file (not .sis) and we normally can
install the .sisx fine, provided that the phone is configured to accept
self-signed applications.

Cheers
 Benny