SIPconnect - SIP Forum

Hi,

I was searching on SIP Trunking, and found the SIP SOPHIA discussion
list (please, see below). I thought that someone here has been trying
to meet the recommendations of the SIP connect 1.0.

rgs

Cesar

=========================================================================================================================================================================
More or less, sofia is the only one that both fit my ideal model of a SIP UA
*and* can handle the call volume in sip traffic that matches the boxes
capabilty every other stack we tried would buckle under the stress and
deadlock, crash, run up the CPU or run out of memory.

I don't know of any such comparison page, sorry.

=============================================================================================================================================================================

> Hi All,
>
> According to the abstract "IP PBX / Service Provider Interoperability"
> (
> http://www.sipforum.org/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_download/gid,134/Itemid,75/
> )
> there is a set of recommendations that must be followed:
>
>  "This document outlines an interface specification that enables direct
> IP peering between a SIP-enabled Service Provider network and a
> SIP-enabled Enterprise Network for the purpose of originating and/or
> terminating calls from the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
> It specifies the minimal set of IETF and ITU-T standards that must be
> supported,provides precise guidance in the areas where the standards
> leave multiple implementation options, and specifies a minimalset of
> capabilities that should be supported by the Service Provider and
> Enterprise networks."
>
> I wonder if the PJSIP agrees with those recommendations, or whether it

I think this concerns IP PBX and proxy servers, thus it's not relevant to
us.

> is possible to make SIP trunk, using an implementation based on PJSIP.

Sure. Although I wonder why existing implementations are not suitable for
you. As we know there are plenty of open source PBX, SIP proxies, and
softswitches out there.

Cheers
 Benny