number of connections per single entpoind.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:46 AM, Thomas Raschbacher <
thomas.raschbacher at itctec.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've been trying to use one endpoint to create 360 RTP sessions (ie 360 RTP
> and 360 RTCP ports).It seems that there is a limit by the operating system
> (in my case windows xp) as to how many connections can be handled. (I did
> increase the define in config.h to try out how high I can really go ..)

What's the error message that you get from the OS? I think that many handles
should be support by Windows.

Since you have so many sockets, you'd definitely need I/O completion port
(IOCP) version of the ioqueue (ioqueue_winnt.c) and not the select() version
(ioqueue_select.c). The ioqueue_winnt.c will be used when you select Release
build from Visual Studio. If you select Debug build it will use
ioqueue_select.c. Also the GNU build system currently only uses
ioqueue_select.c, so this will be selected if you use Mingw.

> Now I'm not really bothered about having more than one endpoint, but I'm
> not sure how to do it as when I tried it before I had some sort of problems
> ..

I never tried that, so probably it will not work. I don't think having more
than one endpoint will achieve anything either, so lets stick with one
endpoint for now.

Cheers
 Benny