RTP broadcast/unicast

wrote:

> > FYI we have people using pjmedia for multicast, so that is possible. But
> > probably this is best done with pjmedia/pjsip API and not with pjsua API
> > though.
>
> Is it possible to use both in one application? E.g. the SIP client uses
> pjsua API for standard SIP calling but uses pjmedia directly for this
> proprietary broadcasting?

If that's a general question, then it highly depends on what the application
is trying to accomplish. While pjsua API provides some hooks to add more
pjmedia features into it, some parts of pjmedia (e.g. stream) is handled by
pjsua API.

For your app, it should be possible now, by creating the pjmedia transports
yourself and give it to pjsua with pjsua_media_transports_attach(). The
application creates the media transports, so it should have access to the
underlying sockets, hence you may do anything to it. I did not suggest this
since I'm thinking of creating the media transports on demand hence this API
will be deprecated.

 -benny

regards