How to read sound data from Serial Port instead of Sound Device?

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 6:06 AM, Sandeep <sandeep at eilabs.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am able to compile the PJSIP stack and able to transfer file between
> two PC's by running PJSUA application.

Cool. Which file transfer mechanism that you use?

> Now I want to read/write Sound Data Frames from/to serial port instead
> of a microphone/speaker. I hope I can achieve this by changing some
> portion of "pjmedia" OR "third party software" source. But I have no
> idea which portion of the code needs to be changed and will it affect
> any other sections of the library.
> Please help me by sharing your idea. It will be very helpful if you can
> reply which portion of the code needs to modified and any changes to
> important data structures.

It depends on whether the serial port provides event based or polling
interface. If it provides event based interface, it's probably best to
implement it as a sound device. If it needs to be polled periodically,
then it'll be best to implement a pjmedia_port for it. Both should
have been documented in the website.

 -benny