How to read sound data from Serial Port instead of Sound Device?

Hello,
I am able to compile the PJSIP stack and able to transfer file between
two PC's by running PJSUA application.
Now I want to read/write Sound Data Frames from/to serial port instead
of a microphone/speaker. I hope I can achieve this by changing some
portion of "pjmedia" OR "third party software" source. But I have no
idea which portion of the code needs to be changed and will it affect
any other sections of the library.
Please help me by sharing your idea. It will be very helpful if you can
reply which portion of the code needs to modified and any changes to
important data structures.
Thanks in advance
Sandeep