Audio Static Issue - OSX (Core 2 Dou)

I don't know for sure. But, maybe your current Core 2 Duo system
 is plagued by a particular Core 2 Duo 'errata'. Which in Windows
 and Linux is fixed by a microcode update.

The following are some description regarding the updates
 from some vendors:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936357/en-us
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-67648

I don't know if Leopard has a "hot fix" for this.

Regards,

Darmawan

--
Regards,

Darmawan Salihun
-= Human knowledge belongs to the world =-