Audio Static Issue - OSX (Core 2 Dou)

Hi Again,

Testing with the absolute latest pjsua (even updated
to latest portaudio revision - no change). Under
Leopard with a Core Dou processor, audio sounds great.

However, under Leopard with Core 2 Dou processor, the
audio playback has a certain static/scratchiness to
it. We have tried various codecs, GSM & PCMU/A, but
always the same noise appears. Sending audio is fine.
This happens for every call made or received on the
Core 2 Dou system (calling to another pjsua client or
other softphone).

* The pjsua client is compiled under OSX 10.4 (Tiger)
* Portaudio demos also compiled under 10.4
* Calls on Leopard Core Dou sound great
* Calls on Leopard Core 2 Dou have the static on local
played audio
* doing "cc 0 0" on Core 2 Dou system results in
perfect playback of local audio
* portaudio read/write demos work great on Core 2 Dou
system

So, it looks like some sort of RTP decoding issue
under the Core 2 Dou if I had to guess. Perhaps a 64
bit issue? We have only tested on one 10.5 Core 2 Dou
system (only Core 2 Dou we have), and it happens every
time and never under the Core Dou.

It would be great if anyone out there under OSX has
tested with Core 2 Dou 64 Bit Leopard and can either
confirm a problem or say if it works great... possibly
could be something locally on the system, but all
other audio playback is fine as mentioned.

Any help is appreciated.

Be a better friend, newshound, and