error 400 From_tag required.

Hi, we did experience the exact same problem with Sippy, you need to put the
URI in brackets: Benny helped us on the way.

> The INITE message goes to OpenSER and the this is passed on to Sippy.

> And Sippy requires URI within brackets.

> My question is if this is according to RFC's ?

> Otherwise I'm going to complain to our ISP J

Yes, I can confirm that Sippy is at fault here. The rule is, when the
From/To header doesn't have brackets, then all parameters are treated as
header parameters, not URI parameters. So according to RFC 3261, these From
headers should be equal:

   a) From: sip:user@host;tag=1234

   b) From: <sip:user@host>;tag=1234

It looks like Sippy interpret the tag parameter in a) as URI parameter
(which is wrong), so in this case it interprets it as:

   c) From: <sip:user@host;tag=1234>

which explains why it complained about missing From tag.

Olle Frimanson

Keystream AB

S:t Olofsgatan 33B, 75330 Uppsala

Tel: +46 18 4444375