Support of multipart bodies

On 2/19/08, Hozjan Vladimir <hozjan at iskratel.si> wrote:

> Hi Benny
>
> I'm working now on support of eventlist (RFC4662), where multipart bodies
> are expected in Notify message. At a quick overview of code and
> documentation I didn't find, if pjsip should support or doesn't support
> multipart bodies. Multipart bodies where mentioned sometimes in this mail
> list, but I didn't got any answer. If encoding/decoding of multipart bodies
> are supported, I have additional question. Is multipart body treated as
> single body or is parsed accordingly to multipart information in SIP
> headers?

Hi Vladimir,

The short answer is pjsip currently does not support parsing or
generating multipart body. It can receive or send it, because message
body in PJSIP is just a buffer, but it will not have any idea on what
to do with it, so it treat it as an unknown format, and most likely
will trigger Not Acceptable response.

I hope that answers your query for now.

cheers,
 -benny