Handling INFO request responses

On 2/18/08, Philippe <philippe.leuba at eyepmedia.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When we send an INFO request in an INVITE initiated dialog and receive back
> a 481 or 408 response, the pj stack invokes the on_state_changed callback of
> the invite session with the PJSIP_INV_STATE_DISCONNECTED state.
>
> This result in the termination of the dialog and is compliant with section
> 12.2.1.2 of RFC 3261, however a BYE request is not sent.
>
> Is it the application responsibility to do it or is it a mistake?

Hi Philippe,

I think you should first find out why the proxy sends 481/408, if the
remote dialog is still alive in the first place. I decided not to send
BYE because I would think that the BYE most likely will be responded
with 481 anyway, so why bother wasting another transaction?

But you're right, this is not strictly compliant with the RFC. I've
just added http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/ticket/488 to fix this.

thanks,
 -benny