Audio Device Questions

I'm attempting to allow my PJSUA-based app to automatically handle
audio device changes, for example, plugging in a headset or removing
the active headset. I can detect a change (under Mac OS X) via Core
Audio's callbacks. I can get PJ to re-initialize by calling
pjmedia_snd_deinit and pjmedia_snd_init. However, I'm having problems
mapping the devices since all PJ has is a name. Unfortunately, names
are not unique with USB devices. So I can have multiple of the same
name. It would be handy if one could get the native device ID from
PortAudio. Failing that, can I assume that the devices will always be
in the same order that Pa_GetDeviceInfo returns them in? It contains
a PaHostApiIndex which I can then use to get the native device ID via
Core Audio?

Norman Franke
Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
www.myasd.com