Conference Call Using PjSIP.

At 01:40 AM 12/24/2008, Srivatsan wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Any one has achieved VOIP conference calling using PjSIP in Nokia
>S60 3rd edition(Symbain OS) ?
>If yes please let me know the steps involved in doing that. I have
>build an application using PjSIP for Nokia s60 Devices with VOIP
>Call , Chat, presence and lots more. Now planning to add
>conferencing calling facility in my application. Please, guide me to
>achieve it.
>
>Also it will be highly appreciable with some share their view who
>achieved conference call with any other platforms using PjSIP.

Ok no experience with Symbain OS.  But I have done some trivial
conferencing using pjsip and gotten it to work with the pjsua media library.
Here are my observations:
1) you need the conf_slot to use connect each user.  Where do you get that?
         From the callback function
         on_media_call_state(pjsua_call_id  call_id)
                 you call pjsua_call_get_info(call_id, call_info);
and call_info.conf_slot has what you are looking for.

The calls can be inbound or outbound, on_media_call_state() will get
called for both.  Once you have a collection of conf_slot's for each
user you want to connect in conference then you do this:
pjsua_conf_connect(conf_slot1, conf_slot2); // user 1 can now talk to
user 2 but user 2 can not talk to user 1, in short a half duplex connection
pjsua_conf_connect(conf_slot2, conf_slot1); // user 2 can now talk to
user 1 so two way full duplex communication is active.

NOTE: recording a conference...for this you use
pjsua_conf_connect(conf_slotx, record_slot);  for all users to get a
recording of what all users are saying.
Where does record_slot come from.  From
pjsua_recorder_get_conf_port(rec_id); and rec_id comes from
pjsua_recorder_create();

Hope this helps,
David Clark