How fring works???

Basically I own my sip server. The only thing I don't won is the internet
connectivity from my sip phone to the server. Server IP is fine but I was
talking about the client IP resolved by the stun..

From: pjsip-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pjsip-bounces at lists.pjsip.org]
On Behalf Of William Brito
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 4:50 AM
To: pjsip list
Subject: Re: How fring works???

The port restricted NAT should work in normal conditions (only symetric NAT
has problems with STUN).  The problem maybe is not only the NAT of your
provider and there are  more restrictions on it.  Did you try with another
sipserver?.   About the problem with the ping/tracert, is posible that  the
ICMP protocol won`t be permited on the sipserver (only 5060UDP).

Fring works because uses a proxy server and could have another tecnique to
manage the NAT (media proxy, ...) or is less restricted that your actual
sipprovider.