From: pjsip-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pjsip-bounces at lists.pjsip.org] On Behalf Of Benny Prijono
Sent: den 20 augusti 2008 11:22
To: pjsip list
Subject: Re: Adding Media Attribute fmtp:18 annexb=no

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Niclas Bengtsson
<Niclas.Bengtsson at enea.com> wrote:

	Hi,

	I am integrating the G729a codec into pjsip but i have run into
some
	problems.

	In order to disable VAD there needs to be an additional media
attribute
	set in the invite message: "fmtp:18 annexb=no".

	Which is the best and easiest way to do this?

Well frankly we're facing the same problem here. :)

The current codec framework lacks the capability to express things in
SDP, and with bunch of new codecs added by IPP, we're thinking of adding
this feature in pjmedia. But on the other hand, this may break existing
software that implements their own codec wrapper, and since we're so
close to 1.0, we're not sure if the timing is right to do it now.

So it's a dilemma. Let me study this and come back to you a bit later.

In the mean time, if you use PJSIP/PJMEDIA directly, you can just
manipulate the SDP and add the fmtp attribute manually.

Cheers
 Benny