Inband-DTMF detection

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:35:25 +0100, "Benny Prijono" <bennylp at pjsip.org>
wrote:
>> Right now, I'm using SpanDSP for reading DTMF digits.  However, it
>> doesn't
>> seem to work (no digits are received).  Has anyone tried to integrate
>> SpanDSP and PJSIP before?
>>
> Could you explain exactly what you mean by "doesn't work"?

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear!

When I connect to an Asterisk server, and press the digits on my phone, my
application receives the digits properly using the callback I supplied to
PJSUA.

Now when I disable the callback, and use my own module, nothing happens.
I've verified that dtmfdet_put_frame() is called correctly.  However,
SpanDSP doesn't seem to detect the digits, and the callback function
supplied to SpanDSP (dtmfdet_digits_rx()) is never called.

While typing this, I realized that something else could be happening:
perhaps the DTMF tones generated by my phone aren't in the stream at all.
I've Googled this, and found
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Telecommunications/IP_Telephony/Asterisk_/Q_23280368.html.

I guess I'll have to record the stream and find out.

>> Currently, I'm feeding the samples as-is to SpanDSP, and I'm relying on
>> SpanDSP's callback mechanism to receive the digits:

[snip]

> Not knowing SpanDSP, that looks fine. But perhaps you'd want to handle
the
> case where frame->type is not FRAME_TYPE_AUDIO (i.e. just ignore them if
> it's not audio).

Yes, good point, thanks.

Regards,

Maarten

--
Privateer Software Development (www.privateer-software.nl)
* web usability, web accessibility, web development