From: pjsip-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pjsip-bounces at lists.pjsip.org]On Behalf Of Fabio Pietrosanti
(naif)
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:47 PM
To: pjsip list
Subject: Re: Intel IPP Question

Nanang or Benny, do you have some suggestion to support Manoj in
implementing APS directly inside pjmedia libraries?

Do you think that that kind of integration could be directly committed
inside pjsip svn like an "official support" of S60 hardware accelerated
codecs, even if it will cause some features not enabled anymore?

Manoj, are you going to publicly release such kind of changes directly
inside pjsip project?

The results could be that on S60:

A) you want to use accelerated codec and royalty-based codec like
G729/AMR for free on S60 you will loose some pjsip feature but will not
have to pay for royalties and have a very low cpu processing requirements.

B) you want to use all pjsip features and not use a royalty-based codec
like SPEEX on S60 .

What do you think of the possible result of such approach?

Regards,
Fabio