ICE: Media not starting in caller

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Pedro Gon?alves <pedro.pandre at gmail.com>wrote:

> >  15:44:37.328 ICEVoiceTransp  ICE negotiation failed after 8s:422:
> > Unknown error 370082
> >
> Hummm...
> So basically, PJSIP won't send RTP packets until a STUN response is
> received?
> If so, why?!

Because we don't know yet where to send the RTP packets to. And this is not
the problem anyway. The problem is ICE negotiation has failed, and you can't
expect RTP traffic to flow on this situation.

> 192.168.1.91 is a relay server (not a standard TURN, unfortunately), and
> the initial INVITE and the initial 200 OK INVITE should be enough to
> establish connectivity between the two clients.
> At that moment, they should be exchanging RTP / RTCP using that relay
> server (at least that's what I wanted them to do).

Obviously the relay server is not working (i.e. it doesn't seem to forward
STUN packets).

> So ICE simply fails and because of so no RTP data is sent?

Yep. If ICE connectivity checks fails, then there's no point in sending RTP
since it will not reach the destination anyway. The media transport gives
you a callback to notify the application about ICE negotiation status, and
in PJSUA we disconnect the call if ICE negotiation fails. That's probably
what you should do too.