memory allocation and C++

I would recommend you change the wording of the documentation since it
makes it sound like you cannot use it and using it will cause problems.

________________________________

From: pjsip-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pjsip-bounces at lists.pjsip.org] On Behalf Of Benny Prijono
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 11:42 PM
To: pjsip list
Subject: Re: memory allocation and C++

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Brocha Strous <Brocha.Strous at kayote.com>
wrote:

	Hello,

	In the documentation it says "You MUST NOT use malloc() or any
other memory allocation functions." - if I am planning on writing some
of my application code in C++ can I safely use new/delete? If I am
compiling in third-party libraries that may be using malloc/free or
new/delete  will this cause a problem?

It's safe to use new/delete or malloc/free in your application, and yes
malloc/delete is used by some of the third party libraries anyway. It's
just that pjlib won't be able to help with regard to portability if we
use it.

Cheers
 Benny