Use pjsip with own rtp protocol

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 3:11 PM, timo <timo at drick.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i am new to pjsip and want to use it for my PhD Thesis. Therefore i have to
> implement some own RTP media protocols (not VoIP).

So is this something that's totally different than RTP?

> I read the wiki and this looks like the entry point i need
> :
> http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/3rd_Party_Media#ReusingPJMEDIAsSessionInfo
> For me it is important that i can use all features from pjsip like ICE,
> transaction- session-handling and add some codecs to the PJMEDIA but I do
> not want to reinvent the wheel.
>
> My question: Is it possible to use the highlevel API pjsua with own codecs
> and media streams?
> (Sure I know that I have to add the codec implementation to PJMEDIA)

Codecs are always modular so it's always possible to reuse them or plug in
new codecs to pjsua without having to modify anything.

Stream however is not, so if you want to use pjsua API then the only option
is to replace stream.c with your own implementation while maintaining a
compatible stream API.

Cheers
 Benny

Best regards Timo