Use pjsip with own rtp protocol

Hi all,

i am new to pjsip and want to use it for my PhD Thesis. Therefore i have to
implement some own RTP media protocols (not VoIP).
I read the wiki and this looks like the entry point i need
:http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/3rd_Party_Media#ReusingPJMEDIAsSessionInfo
For me it is important that i can use all features from pjsip like ICE,
transaction- session-handling and add some codecs to the PJMEDIA but I do
not want to reinvent the wheel.

My question: Is it possible to use the highlevel API pjsua with own codecs
and media streams?
(Sure I know that I have to add the codec implementation to PJMEDIA)

Best regards Timo