Mute / Un-mute

I haven't tested to determine if audio is still transmitted (although
I've turned off VAD, so I assume it is.)

I've tried setting the volume to zero, which works. I've also
disconnected the mic from the calls (using pjsua_conf_disconnect)
which also works. Then I've disconnected the mic and added in a
comfort noise generator of my own design. All of these will work. I
don't like absolute silence because the other side often thinks they
were disconnected.

I'm not sure, but if there is no audio, VAD (silence detection)
should kick in and not transmit audio, if I understand it correctly.

Norman Franke
Answering Service for Directors, Inc.
www.myasd.com