Porting to Maemo

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Michael CHRISTOPHER <pjsip at encambio.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  Has anyone tried porting pjsua(1) to the Maemo framework for
>  using it on Nokia handheld tablets? They run debian linux. I've
>  downloaded the latest SVN tree and built all libraries and utils
>  with '--enable-ssl' and '#define PJ_CONFIG_MINIMAL_SIZE' with no
>  problems.

Cool! At least it builds, and that's always a good start. :)

>  Now comes the hard part, getting it to work. Registration, using
>  only gstreamer for audio, and tcp connection errors are the first
>  problems I see. I'm wondering if its worth the effort to port
>  portaudio to gstreamer (without OSS/ALSA) and debug the TCP
>  transport. The registrar problem could be easier, namely...

No OSS/ALSA? Sounds like trouble indeed. Rather than porting
PortAudio, I think it would be lot easier to create a sound device
abstraction for pjmedia. The API is whole lot simpler, and there is a
ready to use template for new implementation (namely nullsound.c).

>  REGISTER: If a registrar successfully saves the AOR of pjsua(1) and
>  returns the expiry value in the 'Contact' header, pjsua(1) believes
>  that the registration failed, indicating an expiry of -1 in the UI.
>  It seems that pjsua(1) insists on seeing a separate 'Expiry' header.
>  The registrar I used to test this was OpenSER 1.3.1-tls.

I don't think that's the reason why pjsip thinks that the registration
had failed. Probably what happened is the server returned modified
Contact header than what pjsua had put in the request, and pjsip
thinks that the registration had failed because it couldn't find its
Contact header there. Maybe there is a configuration in OpenSER that
you use that modifies the Contact header (it's probably got something
to do with NAT, but couldn't remember the exact configuration name for
it).

Cheers
 Benny