question about Publish (or authorization)

Hi,
      When my program is shutting down, I send a Publish( closed ), so
that subscribers will know immediately that I'm gone.  Watching
WireShark, I see the publish message.  Then I see the server respond
with 401 Unauthorized.  PJSIP does not respond because by this time,
I've already called pjsua_destroy().

    Is there anything that can be done to (a) always have Publish (and
Register) be sent with authorization; or (b) to get some feed back from
pjsip to know when the 2nd Publish has been sent?

    Thanks,
    Paul