Performance problems with Speex on ARM9E

Hi!
I managed to get good quality with Speex/8000 on an Atmel 9263(linux).
I changed the thread parameters in portaudio to use the SCHED_RR policy.
The sound quality is good but the CPU load went up to 90%. There seems
to be some work to de done with optimizing portaudio.
Did you compile linphone to use portaudio too ?

Regards,
Dan