Resampling module add

Gianluca Crucill? wrote:

> [...]
> 2-  Conference module add
>
> I read some documents and the two example (confsample.c and
> resampleplay.c) but I don't have clear this.
> I tried all two ways but they didn't work
>
> In attach there is my source code.
>

> In normal mode (without resampling) I make this:
>
>     status = pjmedia_session_create( g_med_endpt, &sess_info,
>                      &g_med_transport, NULL, &g_med_session );
>     if (status != PJ_SUCCESS) {
>     app_perror( THIS_FILE, "Unable to create media session", status);
>     return;
>     }
>
>     pjmedia_session_get_port(g_med_session, 0, &media_port);
>
>     status = pjmedia_snd_port_create(
>                      inv->pool,              // pool
>                      -1,
>                      -1,
>                      media_port->info.clock_rate,        // clock
> rate
>                      media_port->info.channel_count,     // channel
> count
>                      media_port->info.samples_per_frame, // samples per
> frame
>                      media_port->info.bits_per_sample,   // bits per
> sample
>                      0,                                  // options
>                      &g_snd_player);
>
>     if (status != PJ_SUCCESS) printf("\n=====>
> pjmedia_snd_port_create()....... [ KO ]\n");
>

>     status = pjmedia_snd_port_connect(g_snd_player, media_port);
>     if (status != PJ_SUCCESS) printf("\n=====>
> pjmedia_snd_port_connect()...... [ KO ]\n");
>
> Now I tried to make this
>
>     status = pjmedia_session_create( g_med_endpt, &sess_info,
>                      &g_med_transport, NULL, &g_med_session );
>     if (status != PJ_SUCCESS) {
>     app_perror( THIS_FILE, "Unable to create media session", status);
>     return;
>     }
>
>     pjmedia_session_get_port(g_med_session, 0, &media_port);
>
>     status = pjmedia_conf_create( inv->pool,                          //
> pool
>                                   3,                                  //
> max port count
>                                   media_port->info.clock_rate,        //
> clock rate
>                                   media_port->info.channel_count,     //
> channel count
>                                   media_port-> info.samples_per_frame,
> // samples per frame
>                                   media_port->info.bits_per_sample,   //
> bits per sample
>                                   0,                                  //
> option
>                                   &conf
>                                   );
>     if (status != PJ_SUCCESS) {
>       printf("\n=====> UNABLE TO CREATE CONFERENCE BRIDGE !!!\n");
>       return 1;
>     }
>
>     status = pjmedia_conf_add_port(conf,inv->pool,media_port,NULL,NULL);
>     if (status != PJ_SUCCESS) {
>       printf("\n=====> UNABLE TO ADD CONFERENCE PORT !!!\n");
>       return 1;
>     }
>
> but this don't work..
>
> I tried with pjmedia_resample_port_create but this don't work..

Please do not shout on this list. ;-)

What seems to be missing is the part to connect the media session's
slot to the sound device slot, in the conference bridge. When a slot
is not connected to other slots, no media will be flowing to/from
that slot.

So in pjmedia_conf_add_port() above, you should fill up the last
argument to get the slot number of the media session. Something like:

    unsigned slot;
    pjmedia_conf_add_port(conf,inv->pool,media_port,NULL,&slot);

Then establish bidirectional media flow from/to the media session
to/from the sound device:

    pjmedia_conf_connect_port(conf, 0, slot, 0);
    pjmedia_conf_connect_port(conf, slot, 0, 0);

Note that I didn't check the syntax validity of your code (nor did I
check your complete source program ;-)). I assume you've taken care
of it from reading the documentation.

cheers,
  -benny