pjsua getting wrong IP address

tloginbr-pjsip at yahoo.com.br wrote:
> I fixed the problem for my application, I had the
> other IP address inside my "/etc/hosts" file...
> anyway, I don't know if there is really a problem with
> the API since it didn't use the ip I was choosing. I
> dont know how the pjsua_transport_confi works...

As for the IP selection, that's pretty much intentional. See
pj_gethostip() in pjlb's addr_resolv_sock.c. So first pjlib will use
the host's IP address as specified by querying
gethostbyname(gethostame()), and only when it returns 127.0.0.1, the
default interface will be used.

So if you have wrong localhost entry in /etc/hosts, it will be used
regardless since at present pjlib currently does not validate the IP
address against local interfaces' IP address.

As for rtp IP address, I'm not sure why. If you specify public_addr
in pjsua_transport_config, then it should be used (assuming you
don't enable STUN).

cheers,
  -benny