wav memory record buffer problems

So how does the thing work if I use a microphone input instead of a wav file
and transfer that to the mem_recorder? Would that include some wav header,
or is there no possible solution to create a buffer that would be filled
from pjsip and read from another application? I know my question might sound
a little bit strange, asking why does he want to use another sound
application on-top. But i want to do some 3D positioning of the sound, and
thats only possible with a thirdparty application.

Thx, for helping me out benny,
cheers
thomas