Win32 build doesn't build because of stddef.h

2007/11/8, darmawan salihun <darmawan.salihun at gmail.com>:
> another note is, you don't need mingw to compile pjsip.Visual studio
> and platform sdk is enough.Also make sure you downloaded all of
> the needed source code from the repository.

I _do_ need MinGW as this is the only way I know off to get things
compiled by GCC and I can't download more than what a checkout gives
me..

2007/11/8, Roland Klabunde <roland.klabunde at freenet.de>:
> > I suggest you start with something smaller than pjsip to get the
> > basics on building C applications that uses external libraries.
>
> Yeah. Try
>
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> void main() {
>    printf("Hello World\n");
> }
>

> rofl :)

Seriously, I'm aware of how to compile/build programs.. I did
C-programming when I was at the university of cooperative education..
So, come on, don't laugh at me while I'm just reporting what the
compiler says! I don't find it very funny.. :(

2007/11/8, Perry Ismangil <perry at pjsip.org>:
> There seems to be a huge gap here...
>
> - You can't #include  lib file. Include is for other text files,
> usually header  files.
> - lib files are binary files which will be linked to the application,
> not compiled.
>
> I suggest you start with something smaller than pjsip to get the
> basics on building C applications that uses external libraries.
>
> Cheers,

That might be / is true, but the file "pjsua\main.c" that my checkout
brought me clearly said/says:

#include <pjlib.h>

(...)

#include <pjmedia-codec.h>
#include wsock32.lib
#include ws2_32.lib
#include ole32.lib
#include dsound.lib

So, if libraries can't be included and/or compiled, why did the source
code tell my GCC to do so?
I didn't say that _I_ do those includes - instead, I reported that the
_source code_ requests this..

Again, I'm sorry if I missed anything.. I'm neither God nor Richard
Stallman, so I won't be perfect and so, I'm bound to make mistakes.
Though, I'd be glad if you guys can push my knowledge in this case
(and in general, too)..

Thanks in advance,
 Martin..
--