[pjsip] Wrong behaviour during registration

Olivier Beytrison wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While getting further in my development, we encountered a weird (and
> wrong) behaviour from the pjsip library during the registration.
>
> I want to register on my server for the domain dom.org let say. But I
> have to go through a border control function (a proxy).
>
> So, when I add my account, I set the reg_uri to "sip:dom.org" which is
> the domain on which I want to register. Then I add
>
> 	app_config.cfg.outbound_proxy_cnt = 1;
> 	app_config.cfg.outbound_proxy[0] = pj_str("sip:1.2.3.4");
>
> to my configuration. When sniffing the traffic who comes to the
> registrar, I expected to see a "REGISTER sip:dom.org" but in fact it was
> a "REGISTER sip:1.2.3.4". This is something that should not happen.

That's because the URI is a strict route, thus pjsip is behaving
like that. The correct URI should be "sip:1.2.3.4;lr" (notice the
additional ";lr" parameter).

> When you specify an outbound proxy, it just mean that the signaling
> should be sent to this address (looking strictly to the transport layer)
> in place of using DNS lookup on the domain to find directly the
> Registrar address.

Using outbound proxy like that has been deprecated in RFC 3261, so
pjsip does not support it. Instead you should be using route set,
with ";lr" parameter in each route URIs.

cheers,
  -benny