[pjsip] STUN DNS resolution timeout -regarding

Knight Tiger wrote:
>     Knight Tiger wrote:
>>     Hi,
>>
>>     I am using a public STUN server (stun.xten.com
>>     <http://stun.xten.com>) to obtain my public IP address during
>>     pjsua initialization. I look at the Ethereal/Wireshark captures
>>     and I find that the pjsip client sends the DNS resolution query
>>     first. (I do not have this entry cached in my network). But it
>>     sends more DNS queries and then starts to send NetBIOS queries and
>>     finally timesout and declares no resolution possible.
>>
>>     I am interested in cutting the timeout for the DNS (and NETBIOS)
>>     resolution. I would like the application to inform the user more
>>     speedily than it does right now. I am running the pjsip client on
>>     a windows mobile device. Is the DNS resolution handled by Windows
>>     CE or the PJSIP application handles it ?

If you don't configure nameserver in pjsua_config (it looks like you
didn't), then the host resolution will be done by Windows (via
gethostbyname() API). Not sure how we could reduce the query time
for this, maybe you'll find something in MSDN.

cheers,
  -benny