[pjsip] pjsip for WM5/C#

Hi Olivier,

welcome to the list!

Indeed when developing applications on Windows, you have two
choices, to develop in C++ directly using pjsip, or to develop it
with .NET by creating pjsip wrapper for .NET. Well actually there
are two more options for Windows, if we count Python and TCL. ;-)

Whether to use C++ or .NET would depend on how much time you'd
prepare to spend on creating pjsip .NET wrapper, vs how much more
productivity you'd gain by using .NET. The cost of creating the .NET
wrapper further depends on how many APIs would you need from pjsip.
FYI pjsua-lib has more than 100 APIs (please see [1]), it would be
time consuming to implement all of these in your wrapper. So I would
imagine that you would create yet another abstraction on top of
pjsua-lib, select the APIs that you need, and export these in your
wrapper, so that it has less APIs.

Alternatively you could also join Sasa Coh's project. She's created
.NET application on top of pjsip, and there is a .NET wrapper for
pjsip as part of this project. Please see [2]. Personally I prefer
this approach, not only it would help you get there faster, but it
would also help yet another open source project.

So all is possible, the choice is yours.

cheers,
  -benny

[1] http://www.pjsip.org/pjsip/docs/html/group__PJSUA__LIB.htm
[2] http://www.pjsip.org/trac/wiki/FAQ#activex