[pjsip] How to distinguish call as an inbound/outbound

Alain Totouom wrote:
> Hi Benny,
>
> Benny Prijono wrote:
>> Alain Totouom wrote:
>>> This assertion is only true during the call setup (*first* 18x|200-INVITE).
>>> Afterwards you can't rely on that information for the duration of the call!
>>> When a re-invite (hold e.g.) occurs the role might be different etc..
>> I can understand why you think call->role behaves like that, but
>> actually that's not correct. In pjsip, call->role (or dlg->role and
>> inv->role to be precise) should stay the same for the duration of
>> the call.
>>

> please correct me if I'm wrong:
> isn't it just one of the "very" convenient and useful features of *pjsip*.
> In my understanding of rfc.3261 ?17 the UAC and UAS roles are transaction-based
> rather than dialog-based. That is the reason why I've stated before that
> inbound/outbound was set by the very first INVITE-Transaction.

True. In 3261, UAS and UAC role applies to transaction rather than
dialog. For dialog, maybe I should have named it callee or caller
instead, but since we already have pjsip_role_e I thought I just
reuse it, hence the confusion!

> But I'll give you the point if you say we're talking about the gender of
> electrons here ;)

Yeah. For dialog, invite session, and call, UAC means caller and UAS
means callee. And this role stays the same throughout the duration
of the call.

  -benny