libresample-1.7

Norman Franke wrote:
>> The resampling library now lives in *third_party/resample* directory,
>> and the implementation was based on libresample-1.7, but was modified
>> (unfortunately I couldn't find the original libresample-1.7.tar.gz
>> anymore, so most original files that come with the original library
>> are missing).
>
> I may have the original at home, but have you looked
> here: http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/resample/Available_Software.html

I have, that's where I got it from.

> which has libresample-0.1.3.tgz that claims to be based on resample-1.7
> but works on more platorms.

I haven't looked at it, but what it does look very similar to what
resample in pjmedia does. The modification in pjmedia mainly was
also to allow resample to process data in memory and in small chunks.

And btw, the resample in pjmedia works on even more platforms. ;-)

> Many distros have resample-1.7,
> e.g. http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/src/
>
> and https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/dapper/+source/resample (better,
> providing a tar.gz + diffs)
>
> if that's the same one. It looks the same as far as I can tell.

I'm downloading it right now, it looks promising indeed.

The reason why I was looking for the original tarball was because I
needed the READMEs, copyright notice, and stuffs like that from
the original library so that people know where it came from. Also
LGPL requires us to maintain the original functionality of the
software, so I may need to revert back my changes and put them on
separate file.

The library itself, despite its age, looks to be working fine, so
although newer version is available, I don't think we need to
upgrade just yet, especially since the newer library has
incompatible API with the old one.

Thanks for the useful info.

  -benny