Why is response type empty?

Hello all,
Richard and Justin having been so helpful with my previous query, I'm
stuck on the complementary operation. Before the client sent a complex
Person object and received an int in reply. Now I need to send that
int and receive a Person object in return.

I have a question and a problem:
1) Likely sounds silly: In defining the WSDL (I use The Eclipse
WebTools GUI), I have the two operations, InsertID and GetUser. Why
must I define two new wsdl:message types, instead of using the two
defined for the first operation in the reverse order??

2) No matter how I wrap it or whatever, the GetUserResponse type comes
back completely empty. Is this the infamous "can't return complex
objects issue"?? I tried the work-around suggested by nodkz in the PHP
manual ( http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.soap.php#83409 ), but that
didn't work either. :-(

here's the XML received by the client. It's even missing a matching
<out/> tag. Is that even valid??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:ns1="http://localhost/TestSOAP/";>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:GetUserResponse><out/>
</ns1:GetUserResponse>
</SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the Server side, the objects, before serialization look fine:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Person Object
(
    [ID] => 342
    [Name] => Cohen
)

GetUserResponse Object
(
    [out] =>
    [Person] => Person Object
        (
            [ID] => 342
            [Name] => Cohen
        )

)

SoapVar Object
(
    [enc_type] => 301
    [enc_value] => GetUserResponse Object
        (
            [out] =>
            [Person] => Person Object
                (
                    [ID] => 342
                    [Name] => Cohen
                )

        )

    [enc_stype] => GetUserResponse
)

thank you once again,
Shmuel-Aharon Kam

--
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
Shmuel A. Kam