Why is response type NOT as specified in WSDL?

Hello all,
I have a working SOAP client-server (both in PHP). When I look at the
XML of the response received, I see exactly what I expect:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:ns1="http://localhost/TestSOAP/";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:InsertIDResponse xsi:type="InsertIDResponse">
<out>44</out>
</ns1:InsertIDResponse>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

So why is PHP giving me a stdClass instead of an InsertIDResponse object?
Isn't the classmap supposed to handle exactly these transformations?

thanks,
Shmuel-Aharon Kam

--
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
Shmuel A. Kam