Re: MIME Attachments using SoapClient Class

Bruce,

On 2/10/10 5:32 PM, Bruce Bailey wrote:
I can't find any information on how to send attachments along with SOAP, using the SoapClient class (ala http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP-attachments).  Even grep'ing the source code turned up nothing.  Does this class support attachments?  If so, how can I send an attachment with a SOAP request?
I don't believe SoapClient will automatically do the attachment for you. However, you can subclass it to get it to do what you want. Essentially the soap attachment spec has you create a fake email with the xml as the main part and the attachments as they would appear in a typical email. You have to record the attachments somehow, put references to them in the xml and use php's mime class to create the various MIME parts.

I am not aware of any pre-written classes for this.

--
Roger Roelofs
Datacomp Appraisal Services